Vitamin C is one of those vitamins for the skin that is sometimes overlooked. But just as Vitamin C is a vital part of your diet, it should also be an essential step in your skincare regime.
The human body does not produce the antioxidant Vitamin C naturally, it needs to obtain Vitamin C through nutritional and topical skincare.
Why is Vitamin C important for the skin?
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, which means it protects our skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV-related damage. Especially for us, who are subject to the Australian climate, the protection that Vitamin C provides is essential.
What exactly does Vitamin C do?
- Stimulates collagen production
- Firms and brightens complexion
- Evens out skin tone as it is a tyrosinase inhibitor (stops production and stimulation of pigment)
- Boosts the efficacy of sun protection
- Strengthens the capillary network
- Reduces inflammation
Many reasons why Vitamin C should be incorporated into your skincare routine!