1. Stimulates collagen production - Vitamin A promotes the production of collagen, a protein essential for maintaining skin elasticity and firmness. By stimulating collagen synthesis, it helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin, giving your complexion a more youthful and plump appearance.
2. Accelerates Cell Turnover - Vitamin A speeds up the process of cellular turnover, allowing new, healthy skin cells to replace older, damaged ones more quickly. This helps to improve skin texture, minimise acne scarring, and fade hyperpigmentation, resulting in a smoother and more even-toned complexion.
3. Enhances skin barrier function - Vitamin A strengthens the skin's protective barrier, which is crucial for maintaining optimal hydration and preventing moisture loss. A healthy skin barrier helps to defend against environmental aggressors, such as pollutants and UV radiation and keeps your skin hydrated, supple, and resilient.
4. Regulates sebum production - For those struggling with acne-prone skin, vitamin A can be a game-changer. It regulates sebum production, preventing excess oil buildup that can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. By keeping your skin's oil balance in check, vitamin A helps to reduce acne and promote a clearer complexion.
5. Promotes the natural moisturising factors - Promotes a healthy barrier function leaving the skin looking hydrated and refreshed.
6. Helps support skin immunity - Supports the immune function of the skin by potentiating the Langerhans cells to help maintain healthier-looking skin.
7. Promotes a healthy dermis and epidermis - vitamin A is essential for all the layers of the skin and helps to promote healthy-looking skin.
8. Known as the skin normalising vitamin - Forms the basis of normal, healthy and well-functioning skin.