One of the most common skin conditions that Australians suffer from is pigmentation. Pigmentation can be complex and frustrating to treat especially in our Australian climate.
There are 5 different types of pigmentation. For every type of pigmentation, you need to find the potential triggers which can be stemned internally or externally to eliminate recurrence.
Also read: The 5 Best Dark Spot Correctors
The 5 types of pigmentation
- Freckles or uneven skin tone (which are UV-driven) - Hyperpigmentation is the most common pigmentation to treat.
- Melasma (hormonally driven) - Melasma is one of the more complex pigmentation types to treat due to internal contributing factors.
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (driven by an injury such as a previous pimple or breakout) - It happens when your skin hasn't healed and has left behind a scar.
- Solar Lentigo (UV-driven) - Also known as age spots or liver spots, these spots are normally harmless but are due to excessive exposure to the sun.
- Post Inflammatory Erythema (acne driven) - These are the red, pink, or purple spots left behind by acne breakouts. This happens when blood flow is stopped during the inflammation stage causing the erythema.
Here are my top picks to treat pigmentation
Cosmelan 2 Cream is a depigmenting topical cream that has an intensive corrective action on skin hyperpigmentation to inhibit and control the appearance of new dark spots.
It has a dual corrective and controlling action, achieving short and long-term results by keeping hyperpigmentation under control.
Cosmelan is the number one treatment cream to treat all aspects and types of pigmentation.
Contact us and talk to one of our Skin Experts for advice on how and when to use Cosmelan 2.
Omnilux Contour Face + Neck & decollete is an FDA and TGA cleared flexible, portable, affordable home-use device that uses light-emitting diodes (LED) clinically proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and improve overall skin tone, pigmentation, firmness, and health.
Omnilux is the number one device to treat uneven skin tone to hyperpigmentation.
Formulated with Shiitake Mushroom Extract, Chromabright and AHAs to even out skin tone, Hyperpigmentation, smooth texture and boost skin’s moisture levels for a more radiant, youthful glow.
Opulence Daily Serum is the essential first step of Hyaluronic Acid layering when concerns of uneven skin tone and pigmentation are present. It delivers powerful skin-brightening ingredients to enhance radiance and skin vitality and helps maximise skin hydration and minimise uneven skin tone.
- Skin prone to hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Dull and dehydrated skin where fine lines and wrinkles are visible
Aspect Pigment Punch + will help to address and help prevent the appearance of age spots and pigmented areas. A blend of antioxidants, extracts and peptides will help to illuminate the skin and even out the skin tone.
Skin tip: For severe skin conditions, we recommend to have a thorough skin consultation from a Professional Skin Therapist in order to find the best products for your individual skin.
About The Author:
My name is Sari Pols,
I have been in the skincare industry for over 15 years. My passion lies in ‘Health’. Health for the skin and body. My philosophy is if we have good well-being on the inside, then it shows our vitality on the outside.
I have furthered my knowledge of Skin Anatomy, Skin Concerns, and Fitness. I am a true believer in how to make my clients feel their best both inside and out. My emphasis is on guiding my clients through their journey of skin concerns and conditions. I like to educate my clients and find the potential triggers for their concerns or condition so that together we can eliminate the root of the cause. I aim to give personalised consultations with treatment and correct prescribed skin products.